Following a meeting of the Management committee regarding the reopening of the golf course the following proposals have been made to ensure the club re-opens in a responsible and safe way and that government advice and policy are adhered to at all times.
Who’s Eligible to play
Only fully paid up members will be allowed to play golf until the foreseeable future, the decision to allow visitors will be kept under review and Phil to monitor.
Membership Loyality offer for Covid 19 distruption
The management have proposed that instead of extending the membership renewal date which would potentially cause cash flow, administration issues and also wouldn’t be an incentive to renew their 2021 membership. So, the idea is to reward loyal members who want to remain as members and keep the club viable for the future. We do not need to do anything but felt it would be a nice gesture to offer the following as we anticipate a good retention rate which is the main objective
All members who renew and pay their 2021 subscriptions by 28th February will receive a discount to the equivalent value of 2 months 2020 membership fees. Any members missing the 28th February deadline would be eligible to pay full 2021 subscription fees.
Any new members joining prior to August 1st 2020 would be required to pay the full yearly 2020 subscriptions, but will then be offered a discount of the months fees that were missed as a loyalty discount off their 2021 subs to ensure that they are intending to join for the future and not short term. We believe most clubs will only allow members to play so hopefully this will encourage new members. This deal will be reviewed August 1st.
• Any membership payments should be taken online, over phone or by contactless methods
STARTING A PHASED RETURN TO PLAY AND PLAYING ON THE GOLF COURSE
When governments and authorities give express consent, play may be resume in a regulated way. Looking ahead to this time, we must insist the following rules must be adhered upon to allow safe play to take place, including but not limited to:
Members must adhere to the policy and any members reported or seen not adhering to the rules laid out they will be immediately suspended from the club pending further inquiry’s and if they are found to have been in breach of the rules their membership may be cancelled.
• Play should be managed by the staff or designated volunteers they should remind golfers of the guidance on social distancing and safe play (see below)
• This guidance and advice for golfers should be posted on website and on tee times booking pages
Procedure for reserving a tee-time (on-line only no turn up and play)
• Tee time booking should be done online, if members are not comfortable with online booking then they may text Phil between 8am and 12 noon and he will add them to tee sheet, but we will provide a reminder to members on how to use on-line system
•Phil will decide 1st and last tee time of the day depending on demand and greenkeepers work schedules
•Tee-times will be available to book 3 days in advance (will keep under review)
•10 minutes between tee times to allow for easier social distancing
• Maximum 3 golfers per group (may change depending on gov advice)
Playing on the course
All golfers must adhere to social distancing at all times
•Flagsticks to be left in at all times and we will use a hole liner system that means that the ball doesn’t drop to the bottom and can be retrieved without touching the cup.
•Social golf only and no scorecards available, this will be kept under review.
•Bunker rakes and cover or close ball washers and any other course furniture that would otherwise be touched will be removed.
• Cover or remove all benches / seating from the course if possible.
• Golfers should be asked to leave the venue as soon as their game is completed.
• Clubhouses may initially remain shut so ask people to arrive shortly before their tee time (e.g. 10-15 minutes) and change their shoes etc. in the car park, locker room.
• Practice net and putting green temporary closed.
• Access to locker room and toilets may involve a locker room in use system being adopted at entry point hand sanitisers and only disposable hand towels should be used for toilet facilities - regular cleaning procedures will be required for these areas.
•In the event of Neil and Lisa offering a take-away coffee / tea service enforce social distancing rules and ensure staff wear protective gloves. All drinks or snacks are served in either plastic or paper containers.
Once the details of the Government’s COVID-19 restrictions are known, staff will need to finalise the “safe play” procedures and will communicate these to the golfers.
Plans should be put in place to ensure that any practices required of golfers before, during and after the round, including communications of temporary provisions relating to the playing of the game, can be easily and effectively communicated in advance, and reinforced when golfers arrive to play.
It will be appropriate to send these guidelines, once finalised, to members, place these on the online booking areas of a website and also place signage on the first tee as a reminder.
The use of buggies will be allowed but only for single drivers and at the same rate as normal.
Buggies must be booked and payed for in advance so key can be collected from designated collection point. Buggies steering wheels will need to be sanitized before use and wipes will be available.
Private buggies will be allowed but under same rules as above.
We shall need a team of volunteers to ensure the above procedures are met and will be sending out a request form as soon as we can agree that the above policy is acceptable.