Good Evening All,
After a very stressful 24 hours, finally we can give you a little bit of good news .As from this coming Wednesday the reopening of the golf course will take place with the following policy in place to ensure the club re-opens in a responsible and safe way and that government advice and policy are adhered to at all times. Please Please adhere to the following rules to allow us to ease restrictions sooner rather than later
On-line booking system will go live from 8am tomorrow for 2 ball Play, Wednesday. Thursday and Friday
Who will be eligible to play at Atherstone Golf Club
Only fully paid up members will be allowed to play golf until the foreseeable future, the decision to allow visitors will be kept under review but in the short term it will be strictly members only and no member guests.
Any members who subs are in arrears will be deleted off the system at 6pm on Tuesday 12th May and will not be eligible to play or to book a time
Any 2020 membership payments will be taken online, over phone or by con-tactless methods please call Phil 01827713110 option 2 or 07718571457
STARTING A PHASED RETURN TO PLAY AND PLAYING ON THE GOLF COURSE
Members must adhere to the policy and any members reported or seen not adhering to the rules laid out they will be immediately suspended from the club pending further inquiry’s and if they are found to have been in breach of the rules their membership will be cancelled.
• Play will be managed by the staff or designated volunteers they will remind golfers of the guidance on social distancing and safe play (see below)
• This guidance and advice for golfers will be posted on website and on tee times booking pages
Procedure for reserving a tee-time (on-line booking only no turn up and play)
• Tee time booking will be done online, if members are not comfortable with online booking then they may text Phil between 8am and 12 noon and he will add them to tee sheet, but we will provide a reminder to members on how to use on-line system
•1ST TEE OFF 6AM LAST TEE OFF 7PM (LOCKER ROOM OPEN FROM 7PM) only hole 1 will be allowed to be used as a starting point.
•Tee-times will be available to book 3 days in advance (will keep under review) 1st tee off 6am last tee off 7pm
•Holes must be played starting at 1st and be played in order, no cutting in allowed and if only playing fewer than 18 holes you must walk off the course at the hole you finish
•8 minutes (may change) between tee times to allow for easier social distancing
• Maximum 2 golfers per group
Playing on the course
All golfers must adhere to social distancing at all times
•Flag-sticks to be left in at all times and we will use a hole liner system that means that the ball doesn’t drop to the bottom and can be retrieved without touching the cup.
•Social golf only and no scorecards available, this will be kept under review.
•Bunker rakes,ball washers and any other course furniture that would otherwise be touched will be removed. (please smooth sand after use)
• Practice net and putting green will be temporary closed.
• Golfers should leave the venue as soon as their game is completed and not visit club without tee time
• Clubhouses may initially remain shut so ask people to arrive shortly before their tee time (e.g. 10-15 minutes) and change their shoes etc. in the car park, locker room.
• Access to locker room and toilets will be accessible from 7am and may involve a locker room in use system being adopted at entry point hand sanitizes and only disposable hand towels should be used for toilet facilities - regular cleaning procedures will be required for these areas.
•Neil and Lisa will be offering a take-away service enforcing social distancing rules and will ensure staff wear protective gloves. All drinks or snacks are served in either plastic or paper containers.
The use of buggies will be allowed but only for single drivers and 1 golf bag on buggy at the same rate as normal.
Buggies must be booked and payed for in advance so key can be collected from designated collection point. Buggies steering wheels will need to be sanitized before use and wipes will be available.
Private buggies will be allowed but under same rules as above.
Marshall's needed to allow course to be open
We shall need a team of volunteers to ensure the above procedures if any members can spare a little time can you please call Phil
May i take thank everyone for their patience and understanding during these difficult times and hopefully everyone will follow the rules to ensure we can increase the amount of golfers allowed to play together
Big thanks to Phil, Keith and all the staff for watching over the club on a daily basis